Here Gabi, as I promised!
Many people are not that into the idea of Stephenie Meyer releasing a new book, believing her just to be milking the series. However, if you are a bit over-obsessive, and search through her blog’s archives, there is a post from about two years ago which basically says she has written this story but doesn’t know whether or not she will publish it.
And it’s not really being done for profit: you can get it online for free.
Reasons to read it:
- Its available free
- A donation will be made to the red cross if you buy the print edition
- It will provide us with a new perspective: that of a wild, thirsty newborn. We have only seen the story from Bella and Jacobs point of view so far (and Edwards too, if you’ve read some of Midnight Sun…), and the newborn Bella doesn’t really count because she is so refined. So Bree will provide us with a fresh, raw insight to the other side of vampires we haven’t really seen: the terror and bloodlust.
- We will get a fuller back story on what is happening in Seattle with Victoria and Riley, which we don’t know much about, as Eclipse is from Bella’s point of view.
- We will see what it’s like for somebody to be pursued and turned into a vampire without wanting to.
- We will see how scared Bree is by the Vampires, which Bella never really is.
- We will see how Bree deals with the fact she is killing people: we know the need of blood over-rules it, but is there a tiny bit of conscience that bugs her…
- If you don’t like it, you will have a valid point to give out about it.
So, Gabi, will you read it now?